Tips for Keeping Your Carpet Looking Great
When you buy new carpet for your living room, or any room in your house, you probably are extra anxious about keeping it clean. Some people love that “new carpet” smell. But, just like in a new car, that smell can quickly turn to “ewww” if you don’t take care of your new carpet. A home is meant to be lived in; just because a new carpet has been installed doesn’t mean rooms should be roped off and only used on certain occasions. There will be the occasional spills. Families with pets will have even more mess. It’s inevitable.
So, to help you avoid accumulation of dust or other crud that gets packed into the house, here are tips for cleaning your carpet:
* Vacuum often
* If you spill anything on the carpet; take a paper towel and pat down on the spill until it is absorbed onto the paper towel.
* Whenever possible, use door mats to have your family wipe their shoes so nothing is tracked onto the carpet.
* Be careful when using certain cleaning supplies*
* If you choose to have your carpet shampooed; be sure to ask if the scotch guard will be removed in the process.
* Do not allow anyone to eat in the living room.
While these are just a few tips for cleaning your carpets, you may certainly have your own tried and tested methods to keep your carpet clean. Preventative measures are the best way to avoid soiling your new carpet. Read more