Spring Cleaning Tips for Your Body
Each year people spring clean their homes. They go through their houses, cleaning and getting rid of stuff they don’t need. Have you thought about using this idea for your body? Detoxing your body can give you a new lease on life which may be just what you need to feel renewed and healthy.
The typical standard American diet (SAD) leaves your body with improper digestion, decreased energy, clogged sinuses, foggy mind and poor sleep habits. Detoxing is believed to improve each of these as well as strengthen your body’s reaction to viruses, reduce allergy symptoms and achieve hormonal balances. You may also experience fewer mood swings, clearer skin and more. Follow these tips if you’d like to try a spring cleaning for your body.
* Change your diet from SAD to glad. Begin by eliminating junk foods such as those which are fried, sugary, processed, prepared and packaged. These can be full of food additives, trans fats and sugar the body doesn’t need.
* Read the labels. If you can’t pronounce the ingredients, you’d be better off leaving it on the shelf. Instead of foods with chemical compounds for ingredients, choose fresh fruits and vegetables.
* Increase how much pure water you drink daily to between eight and ten cups. Water will help flush toxins out of your body. Add the freshly squeezed juice of a lemon to the water your drink first thing in the morning. This will alkalize your body chemistry. Lemon may also aid in cleansing your kidneys, colon and liver. Read more
Scrumptious Easter Dessert Recipes
Nearly everyone expects to have something sweet during Easter. If it’s not chocolate bunnies, it is jelly beans. But if you’re not satisfied with these candies, you may want to try these scrumptious Easter dessert recipes to soothe your sweet tooth.
Bunnies love carrots, but you’ll love this lite version of carrot cake. You’ll need:
* 1 cup cake flour
* 1 cup whole wheat flour
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 3 eggs
* 1/3 cup vegetable oil
* 2/3 cup buttermilk
* 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9-inch by 13-inch pan or two 9-inch round cake pans. Separate the eggs and then beat the whites until frothy. While whipping the egg whites, add 1/2 of the white sugar. Continue beating until stiff peaks are formed.
Combine both types of flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add the oil and butter milk, being sure to mix well. Add the egg yolks and continue mixing. Fold in the egg whites, being careful not to flatten the mixture, and then add the carrots. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pans. Bake the cake for 25 to 35 minutes. Once it is cool, frost the cake using your favorite cream cheese frosting. Read more
What are the Benefits of Reading to Your Children?
Most of us can remember the first book we ever read. Can you? Words are incredibly powerful. They invoke images of far away lands; scary castles; or princesses looking for their knights in shining armor. They can also become friends. Yes, books are the window through which your child sees and experiences different worlds; viewpoints; the fantasies and realities of life. So what are the benefits of reading to your children? Oh, so many, one could write a book on the subject.
There is nothing more worthwhile than reading to your children. Even as babies; the sounds and connotations in your voice can calm and soothe them. More importantly, even before your child is born, research has suggested that your children tend to have a higher degree of understanding and learning. What a wonderful gift to give to your children. Read more
Using The Rewards System For Good Behavior
Sometimes, all children need is a little encouragement and positive reinforcement to ensure they are on their best behavior. Using the rewards system for good behavior is a controversial subject. While some proponents believe it can be a good thing; others think it can be overused, thus having no affect at all.
Here are a few positive reinforcement ideas for kids, when used properly, can help you tame the unruly child.
How do you reward your child for good behavior? Do you buy a toy which he or she has been asking for? Do you allow them an extra hour of TV? Or do you use another approach? There are several methods you can use to reward your child for good behavior which will not cost anything at all. One is praise. Children need to feel loved and accepted. Praising them for an accomplishment or behavior can reinforce that love. According to experts, verbal reinforcement is very powerful. Yes, words are very powerful; and when used appropriately can make all the difference in the world to a child. It is positive reinforcement at its very best. Read more
Organizing Kid’s Toys
Organizing kid’s toys is an ongoing struggle that every parent understands. It’s the same at my house. My youngest is 14 now, so he doesn’t have the mounds of Legos and action figures like he did when he was 7. But, my grandson is 7 and he brings over toys and has to be reminded regularly to put them away. That’s usually after I’ve stepped on a Matchbox car. There is hope, and you can get on top of this battle before you lose your mind.
Keeping the toys from overtaking the house is a simple process. Let’s review some tips to help you bring your house back to order.
- There are wonderful Lil Tykes and Rubbermaid chests you can purchase to store all of the toys skewed about the house. In addition, most of them come on wheels, which make the picking up of toys easier. They also come in colors and sizes, which can compliment any child’s room. Also available are hanging chests which would really make life easier for you. They can be hung on the wall of your child’s room, which is ideal especially if the bedroom is small.